Welcome to a Great District!
Continuous Improvement is ingrained into the culture and the system of PCSD.
The District uses the Nebraska Continuous Improvement Model and chooses to go above and beyond by joining AdvancED to ensure improvement.
AdvancED AdvancED is the world’s largest education community dedicated to helping schools and districts continuously improve. This organization identifies standards and uses an accreditation process to impact learning.
· Purpose and Direction
· Governance & Leadership
· Teaching & Assessing for Learning
· Resources & Support Systems
· Using Results for Continuous Improvement
Accreditation All the Schools in the District have been accredited for many years. The high school was first accredited in 1914, the middle school in 1981, and the elementary school in 2000.
In the spring of 2011 an external team awarded PCSD District Accreditation and made commendations and recommendations.
· A clear focus and direction with the mission, vision, and goals
· A district-wide culture of collaboration and shared leadership
· A strong sense of community and pride within the District and the schools
· The use of assessment data to drive instructional decisions at all levels
· Continue to find ways to communicate with each other
· Find out from partners what they want to know about and focus on that information
· Find a way to store data so partners can easily review student and district learning
Next Steps The district and its schools have plans for continuous improvement that they implement throughout the year. In two years, the AdvancED team will review district progress towards District Continuous Improvement goals and annual content area goals.
Link: Academic Vision and Belief Statements, Behavior Vision and Belief Statements, and Civic Engagement Vision and Belief Statements.
Link to: Overview of Building and District Goals
District Continuous Improvement Plans Academics (Math and Reading), Behavior, Civic Engagement
High School Continuous Improvement Plans
Middle School Continuous Improvement Plans
Elementary School Continuous Improvement Plans
Early Childhood Center Continuous Improvement Plans
Writing Plan Update